STRIVE has collaborated with various organizations and companies in the Flint and surrounding areas to train, entry-level, and incumbent staff members. This new component is a great investment in the success of tomorrow’s health care work force.
As we proceed into the new millennium, it has become increasingly obvious that certain job readiness skills are necessary in order to sustain a career in the ever-changing health care industry.
The goal of this project is to assist residents from the Renewal community in developing professional attitudes, attributes, and behaviors that ensure employment acquisition, retention, and career advancement in the health care industry. It is a workforce development program for individuals from the Renewal community of Flint, Michigan.
Components and Benefits:
- Flint STRIVE performs our three week professional life skills development training. The curriculum focuses on job preparation skills that include specific concerns such as patient care issues, confidentiality of patients and co-workers, understanding of the healthcare environment, and conflict resolution between fellow employees.
- Each graduate of the training program will be provided two years of case management to assist graduates with employment retention.
- American Red Cross
- Mott Community College will perform the 7.5 week certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training program. The CNA program consists of both Clinical and Skill lab training. In total, the program is 90 hours.
- GASC (Genesee Area Skills Center) Technology Center will perform a refresher session for CNA participants to brush-up on skills used during the State certification examination prior to sitting for the State examination.
- The training programs are free to Renewal community Residents.